Hidden behind the name "Northern Michigan Hardwoods" is a story of one man in Northern Michigan who started a small, independent logging operation and steadily built it into a budding business that today includes a sawmill, dry kiln, flooring manufacturing department, and mulch manufacturing division. Northern Michigan Hardwoods is committed to producing the finest in hardwood products while operating with the highest standards of integrity.
In 1979, Phil Manthei started a small logging operation in Petoskey, MI with the vision of sustainable harvesting-selectively harvesting only mature trees to keep the forests healthy and growing. The company experienced a significant expansion in 1987 when Phil added a full sawmill to the logging business, and with the sawmill came the birth of the company's name, "Northern Michigan Hardwoods, Inc." The sawmill continued to grow and expand over the years, adding a dry kiln in the early 1990s and just a few years later, a molding department for producing hardwood flooring, paneling, and finished lumber. Every part of the tree is utilized in the sawing and finishing process, and even the bark and scrap wood is manufactured into premium landscape mulch.
Since Northern Michigan Hardwoods completes the whole process from the log to the finished product, they can say with confidence, "We know hardwoods inside and out!" And with a Northern Michigan Hardwoods floor, you can truly feel the forest in your floor. Our commitment to quality also shows in the attention the customer receives from their sales and service staff to guarantee full satisfaction.
Throughout the company's different phases of growth, Phil Manthei's commitment to quality, service, and integrity have remained an integral part of the company's vision.
Everything we do is inspired by our enduring mission:
* Excellence: We believe in striving for excellence in everything we do.
* Service: We believe in serving our customers and community in a manner that we ourselves would like to be served.
* Trust: We believe in earning your trust by delivering what we promise and exceeding your expectations. Every time.
* Environment: We believe it is our duty to help sustain a healthy environment, both in the forest and in the home for our generation and the generations to come.
To achieve sustainable growth, we have established a vision with clear goals:
* People: Being a great place to work where people are inspired to be the best they can be.
* Product: Providing a valuable product to our customers.
* Profit: Attaining a profit that will finance company growth and finance the needed resources to gain a competitive advantage within the industry.
We are guided by values that we live by as a company and as individuals.
* Integrity: Standing firm for what we believe, in all circumstances.
* Leadership: Helping create a better future for everyone.
* Innovation: Continually seeking fresh ideas.
* Quality: We do what we do well.
5151 Manthei Rd.
Petoskey, MI 49770